There was this point of time in my life (six years ago or so, I guess) when I just couldn't stand talkative people. If someone spoke to me for 30 seconds or more continuously, I'd just say, "Yo, just tell me whatever you're trying to say in under twenty words".
Call me impatient or whatever but just standing there and listening to one person go on and on about something just wasn't my thing. No, I'm not saying I didn't like talking to my friends, I'm saying I liked talking to my friends but I didn't get to talk. All I got to do was listen to them and that pissed me off. It wasn't only my friends, there were my school teachers and family members (my uncle who still, once he starts talking, talks for at least 3 minutes before he takes a five second break). I guess I'd inherited the trait from my dad.

I don't know when this happened but I've converted from a speaker to a listener. Now talking isn't my thing and now that I want people to talk, I hardly find any talkers. Now I'm the kinda guy who'd say, "No, no. I think I've said everything I had. Let's get back to what you were saying". Yes, one would say maybe it's karma getting back at you, it wants to teach you a lesson. I'm starting to think so too. I know a few VERY talkative people. If they're in a good mood and have something to talk about, they go on and on and on. Somehow, chatting with them or talking to them at such times gives me a lot of satisfaction. What pisses me off now are the days when they're not in the mood to talk.
Do you know that incomplete feeling that you get when you don't do something that you were very excited about? That's what I feel on those days. I'm always super excited about chatting with someone, listening to them tell me something new and fun.
There was a time when I'd read posts on fb saying people who listen to what others have got to say are the best kind of people. I used to wish people like that existed but now I just think that's bullshit. The best kinds of people are those who are crazy, talkative, hyperactive and funny as hell but at the same time the ones who are understanding and caring. Do people like that exist? 'Course they do and I'm pretty sure everyone has such people in their lives.